Medical Nutrition Therapy for the Oncology Patient
Good nutrition is very important during and after your treatment. There may also be times when you could use some help to figure out what to eat and how best to manage the side effects of your treatment. Our Registered Dietitians (RD) are ready to help you plan and achieve the nutrition goals that could change your life.
A Personalized Approach
The Registered Dietitian is trained to work with patients who have, or are at risk of developing, cancer. She will develop a customized plan of action just for you and discuss strategies to meet your specific goals both during and after your treatment. The RD will consult with your healthcare provider and make appropriate recommendations for you to be successful. Additional sessions will address your concerns, assess your progress and provide you with long-term support and encouragement.
Comprehensive Consultation and Support Services
The Registered Dietitian provides:
- Recommendations for weight maintenance during and after treatment
- Information about reliable and evidence-based resources
- Education regarding food and drug interactions and nutrition supplements
- Recommendations for managing side effects that may include swallowing
difficulties, taste changes, anemia and constipation
- Education to promote healthy eating habits duringand after treatment
- Individualized meal plans to meet your nutritional needs during treatment
- Education on cancer prevention and treatment guidelines
Highly Qualified, Experienced Staff
Saratoga Hospital’s Registered Dietitians are highly qualified, experienced healthcare professionals. Our oncology dietitian received her Masters of Science degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. She takes a supportive approach and is committed to providing the best tools and resources to meet your needs.
Setting Up an Appointment
* A referral from your healthcare provider is required to see a Registered Dietitian.
* Saratoga Hospital believes that good nutrition is critical to your success, so nutritional counseling is provided to oncology patients at no charge.
* If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, ask your healthcare provider to make a referral. Once the referral is received, the Nutrition Services office will then contact you to schedule an appointment at your convenience.
For additional information: To learn more about Saratoga Hospital’s Oncology Nutrition Services, talk with your healthcare provider or give us a call at 518-580-2481.
We’re Here for You
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Women's Imaging Contact Info »
Sandy B, Patient
Patty F, Patient